Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs
/ Published April 15, 2019
Air Force officials recently named the winners of the 2018 Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award and the Nuclear & Missile Operations Award.
These awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments of Airmen contributing to nuclear deterrence operations and the missile operations career field respectively.
“Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Nuclear Deterrence Operations Awards and the Nuclear and Missile Operations Awards. These individuals have made a significant impact on the nuclear deterrent mission and exemplified the professionalism we value in our Airmen,” said Lt. Gen. Richard Clark, Strategic Deterrence & Nuclear Integration deputy chief of staff.
These outstanding nuclear professionals were selected from a diverse field within the Air Force’s major commands, unified combatant commands and other agencies including the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard.
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award winners are:
- Airman of the Year: Airman 1st Class Anthony K. Solvedt, 595th Strategic Communications Squadron, 595th Command & Control Group, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska- Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Tech. Sgt. Scott B. Stanton, 31st Munitions Squadron, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy
- Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Master Sgt. Michael A. Rickman, 90th Security Forces Squadron, 90th Missile Wing, Francis E. Warren AFB, Wyoming
- Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Travis C. Miller, 741st Maintenance Squadron, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Montana
- Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Clinton H. Chandler, 532nd Training Squadron, 381st Training Group, Vandenberg AFB, California
- Category I Civilian of the Year: Ms. Leslie A. Salloum, 740th Missile Squadron, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Category II Civilian of the Year: Mr. Matthew J. Bianco, 791st Maintenance Squadron, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Category III Civilian of the Year: Dr. Joseph P. Morris, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- Professional Team: 701st Munitions Support Squadron/MXMM, Maintenance Flight (Capt. Scott A. Jensen, Capt. Kory T. Kluge, Master Sgt. Heath M. York, Master Sgt. Cleveland G. Coley, Master Sgt. Jason W. Buchanan, Tech. Sgt. Christopher C. Paolucci, Tech. Sgt. John M. Rasband, Tech. Sgt. Jess B. Roach, Staff Sgt. Maurice J. Alcampor, Staff Sgt. Nicole A. Almario, Staff Sgt. Michael P. Harris, Staff Sgt. Richard J. Bischel III, Staff Sgt. Elijah A. Miller, Staff Sgt. Oswaldo Orozco III, Staff Sgt. Carter E. Strader, Staff Sgt. Gregory J. Washington, Staff Sgt. Richard Flores, Staff Sgt. Colton J. Winkle, Staff Sgt. James W. Russell Jr., Staff Sgt. Matthias P. Houldieson, Senior Airman Cheyenne A. Bernier, Senior Airman Myles C. Taylor, Senior Airman Savannah M. Chiles, Airman 1st Class Tyler M. Kuykendall)
Nuclear & Missile Operations Award winners are:- Operator of the Year: Capt. Jeremy L. Kittle, 341st Operations Support Squadron, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Montana- Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Maurice E. LeFever, 10th Missile Squadron, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Montana- Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Kristine E. Poblete, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, LouisianaSince 2014, the Nuclear Operations Awards Program has been administered and overseen by deputy chief of staff, Strategic Deterrence & Nuclear Integration.